IPSA Travel Grants are intended to assist World Congress participants who live and work in developing economies with the cost of travelling to the Congress.
IPSA Travel Grants include:
- a monetary grant based on the recipient's geographical region
- Latin America: $700 USD
- Africa: $1,000 USD
- Asia: $1,000 USD
- Europe: $1,000 USD
- complimentary registration to the World Congress
- complimentary one-year IPSA membership
Please note that grant funds will be issued to recipients at the Congress in Buenos Aires. No payments will be given in advance.
To be eligible for an IPSA Travel Grant, applicants must:
- live, work or study in emerging or developing economies *
- be citizens of emerging or developing economies *
- have a role in the World Congress program (e.g., author, chair, discussant)
- attend the World Congress in person
* See list of eligible countries based on the Gross National Income (GNI) per capita (World Bank 2021).
The application period is open from 25 January to 22 March 2023.
All travel grant applications must be completed online using an IPSA account. Requests submitted by e-mail will not be considered.
The following documents must be included with the application:
- Proof of citizenship (identification page of passport, national ID)
- Proof of work or study in emerging/developing economies (e.g., student card, staff card, letter of employment with valid dates)
- A resume or CV
- A letter of reference from a place of employment or educational institution. The reference letter may be written by a previous employer, colleague, supervisor, teacher, or by someone who can vouch for the applicant’s work or academic performance.
Travel grant applicants will be notified of the results as of 12 April 2023.
Eligible application submissions will be evaluated using a pre-set points system. Points are awarded for each of the following criteria as indicated in the IPSA Rules and Procedures:
- Role in the World Congress program (e.g., author, chair, discussant)
- Geographical region - country of citizenship and country of work or study
- Past recipient of travel grants
- Age during Congress year
- Contribution to IPSA membership
- Status of applicant’s national association within IPSA